    guidelines when wrting Python scripts?

    Thanks for your help.

    Ruchika

    Ruchika, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Hi Ruchika,

    Welcome to Python!

    Ruchika wrote:

    >I started writing Python scripts just today and seem to almost always
    >get the "Autoindent error".

    I suspect you mean IndentationError?

    Before you continue struggling with very fundamental Python issues,
    please take the time at least to work through the Python Tutorial
    (http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html). Or get yourself a good
    introductory Python book (e.g. Learning Python, Second Edition
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596002815/).

    If you take some time to read
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htm, it will also save you
    and everyone else some time.