Automatically refreshing parent window

Steve Dower

Is it possible to (via Javascript) refresh a parent page from a child page.
I have an app that displays a list of items that the user has authority to
change. If the user selects one of the items, another window is opened
containing the details of the item. If the user changes any of the details
of the item I'd like to refresh the original (list) page.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Steve said:
[...] If the user selects one of the items, another window is opened
containing the details of the item. If the user changes any of the
details of the item I'd like to refresh the original (list) page.

if (opener
&& !opener.closed
&& opener.location
&& (typeof opener.location.refresh == "function"
|| typeof opener.location.refresh == "object"))
opener.location.reload();

HTH

PointedEars