AutoResponse to: Your application

• Thread starter GRE Technical Support
  • Start date
G

GRE Technical Support

Thank you for your inquiry to the ETS GRE PowerPrep technical support team.

We did receive your message and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m EST, excluding holidays.

In the meantime, until we can respond to your support request personally, here are some answers to some of the more Frequently Asked Questions.

Question: I'm having trouble downloading the GRE PowerPrep program, Can you help me?

Answer: YES. Scroll down until you see the "Download PowerPrep Now!" button, then click on it once with your RIGHT mouse button and choose "Save Target as..." or "Save Link as.." from the menu. In the new window that opens, click on the "Save" button and the download should begin.

If the downloads are continually resetting, re-start your computer, shut down any anti-virus or security software, log onto the internet and try the download again, without performing any other tasks on your computer. Also keep in mind, that if the server is under a heavy load you could experience problems with the download, trying to download during "off peak" hours (early in the morning or late in the evening) should help.

If you are in an office environment, are behind a firewall or use a proxy server, there may have been restrictions placed on the type of files you are allowed to download, and where you can download them from. The GRE PowerPrep software is a self-extracting archive with an .EXE extension. You may need to contact your network administrator to let him know that you are trying to download this type of file from an FTP site and need your restrictions removed.

Question: When I try to launch the program, I get an error that says, "Missing PRINTING.DLL".

Answer: This error usually happens if you try to launch the program by double-clicking directly on the executable file in the installation folder. The program cannot be launched this way. To properly launch the program, click on your "START" button, then on "PROGRAMS" and find the group labeled, "POWERPREP". Click on "PowerPrep GRE" from within that group.

Question: Why does the resolution on my screen change when I start up the program?

Answer: The program is designed to run at a 640 X 480 screen resolution to simulate the actual testing environment. This is the way your screen will look when you take the actual GMAT test. When you exit the program, your screen resolution will go back to normal.

Question: When I exit the program, my usual screen resolution does come back, but my desktop looks scrambled, and some of the icons are in the wrong place.

Answer: Close any programs, click on a blank part of your desktop and then press the F5 key. This will refresh your desktop and everything should go back to it's original location.

The ETS GRE PowerPrep Technical Support Staff

Ask a Question