    Any one got an idea of average salary of a novice Java Programmer in
    Asia. My brother planning to enter Java Programming. He wants to know
    is it worth investment.
    java_killer, May 9, 2008

  2. My dad owns a company in Bangalore and I think his programmers make
    something like 15K a year.
    Chase Preuninger, May 9, 2008

  3. java_killer

    Philipp Guest

    Chase Preuninger wrote:
    > My dad owns a company in Bangalore and I think his programmers make
    > something like 15K a year.

    What's the unit? USD?
    Philipp, May 9, 2008
  4. java_killer

    Travis James Guest

    java_killer wrote:
    > Any one got an idea of average salary of a novice Java Programmer in
    > Asia. My brother planning to enter Java Programming. He wants to know
    > is it worth investment.

    java_killer, I'm going to call you on this one. Your question is so
    poorly worded and thought out that one cannot even give an intelligent
    response.

    Asia? That's quite a large economic region to cover in a single answer.
    I'm sure the rates in Beijing, Singapore, Bangalore, Russia, Manila, and
    so on vary by a wide range.

    Novice? Explain what you mean. A seasoned C programmer can go into a job
    as a novice Java programmer. I did that. Are you talking about a novice
    programmer in general? Then crack a few books on some basic computer
    science first and go with whatever language is used for instruction.

    Investment? Are you talking about personal time? Money for classes?
    Buying a computer?

    It also depends what this "novice" brings to the employer's table. If he
    has no education or experience in an industry, that limits his ability
    to dial into a sector like healthcare or financial services. Does he
    have the ability to speak and write in a language suitable for the kinds
    of companies and clients his code will serve? Can he read a product
    management specification or a bug report and make sense of it, code to
    it, and then report back clearly in the code, spec, or bug report?

    It's just not that simple a case of "if I do X, Y and Z, I can be hired
    as a Java programmer."
    Travis James, May 9, 2008
  5. In article <>,
    bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    > Philipp wrote:
    > > Chase Preuninger wrote:
    > >> My dad owns a company in Bangalore and I think his programmers make
    > >> something like 15K a year.

    > > What's the unit? USD?

    > Judging by his other questions "java_killer" (hah!)
    > ain't worth very much.
    >
    > BugBear

    Novices in any field of work are plentiful and worthless.

    --
    Block Google's spam and enjoy Usenet again.
    Reply with Google and I won't hear from you.
    Kevin McMurtrie, May 10, 2008