    need to create some time of certificate to pass...

    Help! Need direction.

    Thank you in advance.
    kermit, Sep 26, 2005

  2. kermit

    Tim Williams Guest

    Where is the XML file being loaded from?

    Tim

    Tim Williams, Sep 27, 2005

  3. kermit

    kermit Guest

    I in the asp pages server side code, on page load, I create and save the xml
    file to a directory on the server.

    kermit, Sep 27, 2005
  4. kermit

    Tim Williams Guest

    Have you tried just including the xml in the page source instead?

    Tim

    Tim Williams, Sep 29, 2005
  5. kermit

    kermit Guest

    I am trying that now (data island?). I want to use the xml data to populate
    a client side control. So all of my code must be client side script (style
    sheet will not work) and I am having some trouble getting hold of the
    elements in the xml from client script. Using VB script
    What I have, and where my current problem is:
    ===========================
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Xml.Xsl" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Xml" %>
    Codebehind="ListBarNav.aspx.vb" Inherits="ELFsearchClient.ListBarNav" %>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>ELF Navigation</title>
    name="vs_targetSchema">

    <!-- ============================================================ //-->

    <SCRIPT language="vbscript" id="clientEventHandlersVBS">
    <!--

    '- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Sub window_onload
    LoadBarItems
    End Sub
    '- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Sub LoadBarItems
    Dim nIndex
    . . .

    nIndex = me.document.frmMain.lbNav.AddList("My Data")
    Load_Groups nIndex

    . . .

    End Sub

    '

    Sub Load_Groups(ByVal nIndex)
    Dim sQuery
    Dim iCount
    Dim sPath
    Dim doc
    Dim root
    Dim nodes
    Dim rootnode
    Dim nodeGroup
    Dim nodeGroupNo
    Dim nodeC
    Dim iDay
    Dim sErrMsg
    Dim oErr
    Dim oNode
    Dim oRoot
    Dim iCnt

    iCnt =1
    me.document.frmMain.hdnGroup.value = "GROUP"

    set doc = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

    doc.async ="false"

    '''''''''''''''''''''' REMED OUT, GIVES WARNING MSG ''''''''
    'sPath = document.frmMain.hdnPathXML.Value
    'doc.Load(sPath)
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

    doc.Load(getDataIsland()) 'DOSEN'T WORK, BUT NEITHER HAS ANYTHING
    'ELSE I'VE TRIED

    set oRoot = doc.DocumentElement

    For Each nodeGroup In oRoot.ChildNodes
    ... do things with xml data
    NEXT
    End Sub

    '- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - -
    </SCRIPT>

    <!-- START JAVASCRIPT //-->
    <script language="javaScript" type="text/javascript">

    function getDataIsland() {
    if (xmdoc.parseError.errorCode == 0)
    {
    var data = xmdoc.XMLDocument.xml;
    return data;

    </SCRIPT>

    <!-- ============================================================ //-->

    <BODY >

    <OBJECT id="MSXML4" style="DISPLAY: none"
    codeBase="msxml4.cab#version=4,20,9818,0" type="application/x-oleobject"
    height="1"
    data="data:application/x-oleobject;base64,EQ/Z9nOc0xGzLgDAT5kLtA=="
    align="top"
    classid="clsid:88d969c0-f192-11d4-a65f-0040963251e5" VIEWASTEXT
    DESIGNTIMEDRAGDROP="370">
    </OBJECT>

    <!-- START: Client Side Data Island //-->
    <xml id="xmdoc" src=document.frmMain.hdnPathXML.Value />
    <!-- END: Client Side Data Island //-->

    <form id="frmMain" method="post" runat="server" >
    . . .
    - - - -

    kermit, Sep 29, 2005
  6. kermit

    Tim Williams Guest

    > <!-- START: Client Side Data Island //-->
    > <xml id="xmdoc" src=document.frmMain.hdnPathXML.Value />
    > <!-- END: Client Side Data Island //-->

    This looks wrong: src should be a valid URL (URI?). Why not just write
    the XML directly in the page?

    In any case this is .NET, so you should heade over to one of the
    ASP.NET groups.

    Tim.
    Tim Williams, Sep 29, 2005
  7. kermit

    kermit Guest

    Sorry, I thought I was in an asp.net group, the header said "inet.asp.general"
    I will try anouther group. The control I am using the xml for is a
    navigation control so It is not just a case of presenting the data one time,
    I need to re-reference it time after time.
    Thank you for your thoughts.

    kermit, Sep 30, 2005