avoiding McAfee slowing down page loads

Matt Harting

We have been working on updating our site and have a lot of javascript
on our pages. When using Firefox, we receive good performance. We
have clients that are using IE and have McAfee VirusScan on their
systems. In McAfee, they have "on access" scanning and "Scriptscan"
turned on. This has caused our pages to load 8-12 seconds slower in
IE than in Firefox.

Has anyone found ways to improve the load speed of IE with McAfee?

Ivan Marsh

We have been working on updating our site and have a lot of javascript
on our pages. When using Firefox, we receive good performance. We have
clients that are using IE and have McAfee VirusScan on their systems.
In McAfee, they have "on access" scanning and "Scriptscan" turned on.
This has caused our pages to load 8-12 seconds slower in IE than in
Firefox.

Has anyone found ways to improve the load speed of IE with McAfee?

A man goes to the doctor and says "Hey Doc, it's hurts when I do this."

....Have them turn off "on access" and change it to "on write". Either that
or they can deal with their systems being slower.

Stevo

Matt said:
We have been working on updating our site and have a lot of javascript
on our pages. When using Firefox, we receive good performance. We
have clients that are using IE and have McAfee VirusScan on their
systems. In McAfee, they have "on access" scanning and "Scriptscan"
turned on. This has caused our pages to load 8-12 seconds slower in
IE than in Firefox.

Has anyone found ways to improve the load speed of IE with McAfee?

Are you using IceFaces on your server app? I know we had problems with
our server app that's using IceFaces. I don't know if it was slow