Avoiding the print dialog using JavaScript

milti

Hi All!!

Is there any way, I can avoid the Print Dialog from appearing multiple
times?

Let me be more clear.

I've say three files. file1.html, file2.html and file3.html.

there's a button Print in file1, on click of which, all the above
mentioned files are to be printed.
The method I'm using is, call the window.print(), the load the next
document, wcich does the same thing on load.

I'm using IE6 on Windows XP SP2. My clients will be using that.
Now, what's happening is that, on each call to window.print(), the
Print Dialog is displayed.
Is there any way to avoid it?

Otherwise, is there any way, I can get a handle to the Print Dialogs in
the subsequent print() commands so that, I can thru my JavaScript code,
"click the print button" and let the user think that the Dialog appears
only once?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Randy Webb

milti said the following on 10/20/2006 2:34 AM:
Hi All!!

Is there any way, I can avoid the Print Dialog from appearing multiple
times?
Let me be more clear.

I've say three files. file1.html, file2.html and file3.html.

Make all the files one file and print that one file.