Axis 1.4 & Xdoclet problem

Donkey Hottie

This combination is ages old, so there may be people knowing an answer to
this.

We use XDoclet to generate Java code for out application. Now I have to
implement a Web Service into it.

The app must be J2EE 1.4.2 compatible, so I chose Axis 1.4 for the web
service platform, and I have some earlier knowledge about it, I once wrote
a web service using it, but there was not XDoclet involved at that time.

So far I have managed to install Axis to our project, and split the web.xml
to different merge artifacts that XDoclet uses to build web.xml. Axis is
happy.

To the Web service. I go contract first, I make a src/xml folder containing
..xsd and .wsdl files. Now I want ant to generate java files to folders
"gen-java" and java. And I want it to generate server-config.wsdl file to
the web/WEB-INF folder.

I want it to generate server-config.wsdl file to the web/WEB-INF folder.

I google and I find ant-tasks which deploy services to a running servlet.
That's fine, but I do not need that. I want it to deploy a server-
config.wsdl into a folder src/web/WEB-INF, so that when my EAR and WAR in
it will get deployed, it is there right from the starts.

I do not want to deploy services to a running server.

Any ideas, tutorials, or anything?

I'm not very good with ant, XDoclet. I can do it with shell scripts
manually and a manually edited server-config.wsdl, but would like to
automate it so that XDoclet would generate everything into its place, just
like it generates ejb deployment descriptors and other xml files as well as
java code.

[...]

The file that I want is of course server-config.wsdd, not .wsdl.