axis2 why?

marcodepe

hi
i'm new in web services development and i tried to implement a simple
cleint/servr version
I tried to use jboss and ejb with eclipse and i published my simple web
service.
Then i wanted to use axis but in internet i saw there is a new version
axis2
My problem is that for a beginnere axis2 is simpler but i don't'
understand its goals.
I thought wdsl file was the only possibility to publish a web service
cause it tried to maintain compatibility with different development
tool. In theory i can recover wsdl file from a remote URL and write my
client.In axis2 wsdl is not necessary and there is no way to create one
from java source. Why? How is it possible to produce a service and call
it as web service?The service exported in this way is undocumented and
not compatible with different development platform,is it?

Thanks