Bash Helper Script

Jeremy Moles

I wrote something real quick this morning that I thought might be
somewhat useful to someone else. It's just a bash script that lets you
do a few things do a "project directory" (in my case, python subversion
projects) in a decently sensible way. Usage is:

# cp pypadmin MyProjectDir/pypadmin
# ./pypadmin skel
# ./pypadmin clean
# ./pypadmin package
# ./pypadmin publish

The actual targets are kept in ./.pypadmin/NAME, where NAME is one of:

- package_name (name of the tarball that will be created)
- publish_host (name of the host to scp to)
- clean_files (globs of filenames to delete when clean is invoked)

Running ./pypadmin skel will create a skeleton layout into which you put
these values. For instance:

# ./pypadmin skel
# echo "foo.tar.bz2" > .pypadmin/package_name
# echo "*.pyc" > .pypadmin/clean_files
# echo "emperorlinux.com:~" > .pypadmin/publish_host