Basic Authentication

Scott Elgram

Hello,
I am writing a page using asp.NET and C#. So far it's going well but I
have hit a small wall here. There are several resources (PDF and Text
files) on separate server that requires basic authentication to enter. In
the past we used to use http://username:[email protected] but for
security reasons MS seems to have disabled this feature in IE. So, as it
stands now users of my site that wish to access these other resources must
enter in their credentials twice, once to enter the site and again to access
these other resources.
Does anyone know of a way I can pass the users credentials through so
they can access these resources without being prompted to type in their
username and password again?

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

there is no easy way of doing this - why don't you protect the static files
by normal forms auth - so only one login is required.

Scott Elgram

Hello,
Thanks for the speedy reply.

Currently the site with these resources is set up with basic
authentication and is being used by clients from an older version of the
website. I had hoped there could be a way to do this just like I did with a
webservice that resides on the same server.

-Scott