Basic Doubt regarding XML import statement.

Madhan

Hi all,

I need help to resolve a simple error that i faced when creating a
schema. Here is my scenario,

I got 4 XSDs say A,B,C & D {all with different namespace}; A being the
parent schema , i imported it in B and C. Now i need the schema D to
import B and C ,at this point i get an error "A schema cannot contain
two global components with the same name". Though i understand the
cause of error , i need help in resolving it.

Martin Honnen

Madhan said:
I got 4 XSDs say A,B,C & D {all with different namespace}; A being the
parent schema , i imported it in B and C. Now i need the schema D to
import B and C ,at this point i get an error "A schema cannot contain
two global components with the same name". Though i understand the
cause of error , i need help in resolving it.

Show us the schemas you have and tell us which software/parser/editor
gives you that error. Doesn't the error message name exactly the global
components that are duplicated? You need to remove them.