    Thanks in anticipation
    lee

    , Sep 9, 2005

  2. wrote in news:1126263916.817968.60760
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > It seems such a ncessary tool to keep the Managers quiet, that i can't
    > believe it hasn't been done, but my searches of CPAN haven't been very
    > productive (which I am quite happy to admit is my own failing.)

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=pod pdf&mode=all

    returns

    http://search.cpan.org/author/STAS/Pod-HtmlPsPdf-
    0.04/lib/Pod/HtmlPsPdf.pm
    http://search.cpan.org/author/AJFRY/Pod-Pdf-1.2/Pdf.pm

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=pod docbook&mode=all

    returns

    http://search.cpan.org/~nandu/Pod-DocBook-1.2/lib/Pod/DocBook.pm

    etc.

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Sep 9, 2005

    Yes, I can search CPAn, I just can't find a module that matches the
    criteria of my question. Neither could you by the looks of it, but
    thanks for trying.

    , Sep 23, 2005
  4. wrote in news:1127477888.833485.319620
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Yes, I can search CPAn, I just can't find a module that matches the
    > criteria of my question. Neither could you by the looks of it, but
    > thanks for trying.

    Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.

    In
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/browse_thread/thread/5a
    793e7cbbe2e167/858ac1c66e04961f#858ac1c66e04961f>, I recommended a few
    modules that you might want to look into. You have not described the ways
    in which they are not sufficient for your purposes, and you have not even
    described the requirements.

    GIGO comes to mind.

    *PLONK*

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Sep 23, 2005

    A. Sinan Unur wrote:

    > wrote in news:1127477888.833485.319620
    > @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Yes, I can search CPAn, I just can't find a module that matches the
    > > criteria of my question. Neither could you by the looks of it, but
    > > thanks for trying.

    > Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.
    >
    > In
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/browse_thread/thread/5a
    > 793e7cbbe2e167/858ac1c66e04961f#858ac1c66e04961f>, I recommended a few
    > modules that you might want to look into. You have not described the ways
    > in which they are not sufficient for your purposes, and you have not even
    > described the requirements.

    My oh my, Simon: you are a stickler for details. I'll write to Google
    and tell them to sort their poster out: it all threads nicley with
    Google, but maybe you're using something less sophisticated. I do hope
    this does not come across as HTML, I don't know, I only use Google for
    usenet these days.

    My original post was full of typos, I'm sure that was confusing; sorry.

    I guess the requirement is for something like Doxygen or NaturalDocs,
    but inclined towards POD, and without any attempt to automatically
    interpret anything. Just to reproduce batches POD, in HTML and maybe
    PDF, linked to a single index.

    A tool to gather POD from several local directory trees, and output it
    as HTML, all linked from one index page.

    But let's face it, I could probably have written it in the length of
    time I've spent trying to write this, I just didn't want to reinvent
    the wheel.

    , Oct 4, 2005
  6. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:
    > A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    >
    > > Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.

    > My oh my, Simon:

    Who the heck is Simon?

    > you are a stickler for details.

    .... like getting someone's name right?

    > I'll write to Google
    > and tell them to sort their poster out:

    Good luck. Regulars in this group (and, I presume many other Usenet
    groups) have been trying to get Google to fix their broken Usenet
    interface since its inception.

    > it all threads nicley with
    > Google, but maybe you're using something less sophisticated.

    "Less sophisticated" than Google Groups? Like what, an abacus?
    Seriously, Google Groups is a *great* archive, but as a newsreader it
    is pretty much one of the worst ever. Threading is the *only* thing it
    does well (and even that fouls up from time to time.

    Regardless, assuming that everyone reading Usenet is, or even desires
    to, read messages in a threaded context is both arrogant and naïve.
    The custom of quoting an appropriate amount of context in a reply has
    been in effect in Usenet for decades. Have you read the Posting
    Guidelines for this group?

    >I only use Google for usenet these days.

    My sympathies to you.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Oct 4, 2005
  7. wrote in

    > A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    >
    >>> In

    >> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/browse_thread/thre
    >> ad/5a 793e7cbbe2e167/858ac1c66e04961f#858ac1c66e04961f>, I
    >> recommended a few modules that you might want to look into. You have
    >> not described the ways in which they are not sufficient for your
    >> purposes, and you have not even described the requirements.

    > My oh my, Simon: you are a stickler for details.

    No comment.

    > I'll write to Google and tell them to sort their poster out: it all
    > threads nicley with Google, but maybe you're using something less
    > sophisticated.

    No, I use XNews: http://xnews.newsguy.com/ It is not perfect, but it is
    100% Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval compliant:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~js/gnksa/Evaluations/xnews-2.05.10.txt

    Now, go see which one of the "must have"s the Google interface actually
    has.

    Still, with some effort, one can actually compose proper follow ups using
    the Google interface. I would not want to, but one can.

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 4, 2005

    Paul Lalli wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    > >
    > > > Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.

    > ... like getting someone's name right?

    Sorry, Sinan. I have very poor eyesight.

    Rest of Mr Paul Lalli's post cut as off topic for this group.

    , Oct 5, 2005

    Sadly need a web interface where I'm stuck. Thanks, though, Sinan.

    , Oct 5, 2005