[BCB] moving components at runtime

Victor Bazarov

Borys said:
Can anyone tell me how to drag labels or any other objects by mouse?

This newsgroup is for questions/discussions on C++ _language_. Any
issue you have with a particular product you should take to a newsgroup
dedicated to that product. Please ask your BCB mouse usage questions
in borland.public.cppbuilder.ide Thank you.

Victor

Borys Power

Victor said:
This newsgroup is for questions/discussions on C++ _language_. Any
issue you have with a particular product you should take to a newsgroup
dedicated to that product. Please ask your BCB mouse usage questions
in borland.public.cppbuilder.ide Thank you.

You didn't understand me - maybe my english is too poor :)
I'm writing programm and as I compile it I want to have possibility to
move some of the labels that I use in my programm.
It's like you have a leaf of paper and few sticky notes - you can move
them from place to place on that paper - I'd like to do the same thing
with Form and labels.

Mike Wahler

Borys Power said:
You didn't understand me - maybe my english is too poor :)

No, we understand what you're asking.
I'm writing programm and as I compile it I want to have possibility to
move some of the labels that I use in my programm.
It's like you have a leaf of paper and few sticky notes - you can move
them from place to place on that paper - I'd like to do the same thing
with Form and labels.

*You* misunderstand (the purpose of comp.lang.c++)
See: http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

The C++ language has no concepts of 'Form' or 'label' (as you use
the term; 'label' has a completely different meaning in C++).

Victor told you where to find answers to your questions about BCB.

Why not just ask there?

-Mike

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Borys said:
You didn't understand me - maybe my english is too poor :)
I'm writing programm and as I compile it I want to have possibility to
move some of the labels that I use in my programm.
It's like you have a leaf of paper and few sticky notes - you can move
them from place to place on that paper - I'd like to do the same thing
with Form and labels.

It is you who doesn't understand.
This newsgroup, comp.lang.c++, does not deal with forms or labels or
moving them around. The simple reason is: There is no such thing
in *standard* C++.

Since all of this things are extension your compiler and/or platform
offers, you need to ask in a group dedicated to this compiler and/or platform.

puppet_sock

Borys Power said:
Can anyone tell me how to drag labels or any other objects by mouse?

By dragging them?

Seriously, you will need to ask this in a newsgroup specific to
your platform, compiler, and possibly language as it is not clear
you are even using C++. Heck, it's not even clear what OS you
are thinking of. Could be Windows, but could also be Mac, or a
couple others. So you need to find a news group that talks about
that combination.

Start with groups.google.com and go from there.
Socks

Ioannis Vranos

Borys said:
You didn't understand me - maybe my english is too poor :)
I'm writing programm and as I compile it I want to have possibility to
move some of the labels that I use in my programm.
It's like you have a leaf of paper and few sticky notes - you can move
them from place to place on that paper - I'd like to do the same thing
with Form and labels.

This is a platform specific question and Borland's newsgroups are the
best place for you to ask.

I will attempt to provide an answer though from my .NET experience. I do
not know if what you want to do is possible, but if it is, surely you
will use some events including when the mouse button is clicked, when
the mouse pointer is above the label, its coordinates vs the coordinates
of the label which you will probably change with your code.

I have never attempted such a thing though, and I do not know if it is
possible. On the other hand, it is easier to move the window, so why not
stick with that? I mean make the label size cover the whole window size
and work from there.

But it is entirely off topic in comp.lang.c++ which is about the
language itself and not about system specific facilities.