Beginner ASP.Net questions

Richard Thornley

Hello,

I currently have a website with an asp shopping cart that I developed. I
currrently to add some more functions to the shopping cart and I am thinking
of rewriting the shopping cart in asp.net. Since this would be my first
asp.net application I am concerned with browser compatibility as the website
needs to be available to the public so they can make purchases without any
problems. I also have the Infragistics suite of controls that I might use.

Can any asp.net gurus (or anyone) give me some advice. Looking for
compatibility issues and advice on issues that might pop-up during
development and after lauch.

Thanks,
Richard Thornley

Curt_C [MVP]

as long as you are pushing the functiuonality to the server and not the
client the browser version/maker is almost irrelevant. The same issues you'd
have in ASP, or PHP, or whatever will be the same ones you will have in
ASP.NET

Kevin Spencer

You will have the same browser compatibility issues you had with ASP.
ASP.Net does the same thing ASP does: it generates HTML. Browsers interpret
HTML differently, so you will always have to deal with that issue.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP