Best approach to OO Style (only slightly off topic)?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steve Simmons, Feb 1, 2013.

  1. I'm relatively new to OO (and Python and QT ) and I am learning as I go
    along. As I slowly come up to speed, I have some questions about the
    best approach to program/module structure so I'm looking for some
    pointers (URL's or replies).

    I have copied some code from 'Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt'
    (Great book!) and am now modifying/extending it with my own. The
    original code (Image Changer - Chp 6) is a single class that contains
    code for both UI creation/management and functional code. I have created
    a second class for my own code and I'm on the brink of adding calls from
    one class to the other and vice-versa.

    At this point, I began to wonder what a 'correctly structured' OO
    program should look like. Should I separate GUI logic from 'business'
    logic? Should everything be in one class? Should my main() be carrying
    the high level logic? Anyinput most welcome.

    I looked briefly at the MVC model which answers my question at a high
    level but itrepresents another learning curve that I'm reluctant to add
    to my current challenge.

    Steve

    Steve Simmons, Feb 1, 2013