    the idiot Guest

    what are the best books for learning css
    tia

    the idiot, Feb 13, 2005

  2. the idiot

    saz Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > what are the best books for learning css
    > tia

    Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

    saz, Feb 14, 2005

  3. the idiot

    Karl Core Guest

    "saz" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> what are the best books for learning css
    >> tia
    >>

    > Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

    I second that.
    I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
    I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
    awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.

    --
    Karl Core
    Hell To Pay, Baltimore Hardcore: http://www.eightninethree.com

    Karl Core, Feb 14, 2005
  4. the idiot

    cantrips Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:15:12 -0000, "the idiot"
    <> wrote:

    >what are the best books for learning css
    >tia

    While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
    excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
    more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.

    More structured approaches that I have found useful are:

    1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
    Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)

    2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)

    cantrips, Feb 14, 2005
  5. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Karl Core" <> wrote in message

    > "saz" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> what are the best books for learning css
    > >> tia
    > >>

    > > Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

    > I second that.
    > I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
    > I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
    > awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.

    thankyou very much i shall search him out.

    the idiot, Feb 14, 2005
  6. In article <>, cantrips
    <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:15:12 -0000, "the idiot"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >what are the best books for learning css
    > >tia
    > >

    > While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
    > excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
    > more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.
    >
    > More structured approaches that I have found useful are:
    >
    > 1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
    > Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)
    >
    > 2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)

    For getting started, I found Elizabeth Castro's book _HTML_ _for_ _the_
    _World_ _wide_ _Web_ helpful. And Meyer's _Cascading_ _Style_ _Sheets_
    : _The_ _Definitive_ _Guide_ is a useful reference.

    --
    Chris Henrich
    http://www.mathinteract.com

    Christopher J. Henrich, Feb 15, 2005