best css books

Karl Core

saz said:
Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

I second that.
I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.

cantrips

what are the best books for learning css
tia

While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.

More structured approaches that I have found useful are:

1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)

2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)

the idiot

Karl Core said:
I second that.
I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.
thankyou very much i shall search him out.

Christopher J. Henrich

cantrips said:
While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.

More structured approaches that I have found useful are:

1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)

2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)
For getting started, I found Elizabeth Castro's book _HTML_ _for_ _the_
_World_ _wide_ _Web_ helpful. And Meyer's _Cascading_ _Style_ _Sheets_
: _The_ _Definitive_ _Guide_ is a useful reference.