Best Practice for referencing datasets with web service

Tal McMahon

Hello All,
I have an application that uses several layers as such:

a Client that references a ClientHelper
a ClientHelper references a WebService
a WebService that references a Webservice Helper
a Webservice Helper that Connects to the SQL server

I have been trying to keep my typed datasets on the
Webservice helper then passing the datasets as they are
filled all the way back to my client.

My question is this. I have noticed that I can declare a
dataset on my client in such a way:

dim MyDataSet as new clientHelper.webservice.TargetDataSet

Now, for the questions.

If i declare the dataset in this way, is it coming from
the webservice? or is there a TargetDataset.xsd going
somewhere that I cannot see?

Again, My goal is to try and keep the client package
small and not redefine any of the datasets locally so
that I can make changes from the top if nescesarry.

If this is not a good Scenario please suggest a better
one.

thanks for your time and help

tal McMahon