Best Practices with Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stephane Wirtel, Mar 1, 2013.

  1. Hi all,

    How are you ? me ? fine ;-)

    I have a lot of questions about the development with Python.

    I want to discuss about the tools for the enhancement of the quality of
    a project, not about the debugging (I don't want to discuss about pdb,
    ipdb, pudb, ...)

    I use these tools

    1. Documentation
    sphinx: http://sphinx-doc.org/

    a. I like the reStructuredText syntax
    b. We can parse the files and get an AST
    c. We can add a lot of directives or new roles for custom behaviors
    d. We can generate several output formats (pdf, epub, html)

    2. BDD
    I use Behave: http://pythonhosted.org/behave/

    3. TDD
    unittest2
    mock
    nose

    4. Code

    Clone Digger ?
    for me this project is very useful because we can determine the
    duplicated code via a pattern matching.
    but the project seems to be dead

    pylint ?
    very strict but we can change the configuration, but very useful
    to have a quality of code

    flake8 ?
    more permissive than pylint.

    5. Continuous Integration Server