Best program to practice with JavaScript

Tim Streater

John said:
Hello,

I'm brand new to Javascript and would like to know what is the best
program that I can use to learn JavaScript. I would like something
with syntax highlighting if possible.

I use TextWrangler for editing JS - it has syntax colouring for many
languages including JS.

John

Hello,

I'm brand new to Javascript and would like to know what is the best
program that I can use to learn JavaScript. I would like something
with syntax highlighting if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Michaux

Hello,

I'm brand new to Javascript and would like to know what is the best
program that I can use to learn JavaScript. I would like something
with syntax highlighting if possible.

I use textmate on OS X. It's a pretty good one with syntax
highlighting, code completion (snippets), and a nice project-wide
search

http://macromates.com/

I wish I was a VIM whiz but, based on all my investigations, it
doesn't integrate so smoothly on OS X.

http://vim.org

and there is always emacs

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

Peter

beegee

Thanks but I need something for Windows.

I use Komodo. The IDE costs $, the editor is free. The editor has
syntax highlighting for many different languages. I hated Aptana
because besides taking hours to load, it was not able to handle
javascript embedded in an .asp file which, unfortuantely, I deal with
daily.

Bob