Best RDF Library?

Scott Rubin

I googled for ruby RDF libraries and found quite a few, but I'm not sure which
one is the best. I'm going to start work on an open source application that
makes heavy use of RDF and I would like to be able to use Ruby. I could
technically do it with rexml, which I already know how to use, but that might
prove too daunting a task. I'm looking more for something built on top of rexml
that is specific to handling RDF. So which one is best?

-Scott

Edwin Eyan Moragas

I googled for ruby RDF libraries and found quite a few, but I'm not sure which
one is the best. I'm going to start work on an open source application that
makes heavy use of RDF and I would like to be able to use Ruby. I could
technically do it with rexml, which I already know how to use, but that might
prove too daunting a task. I'm looking more for something built on top of rexml
that is specific to handling RDF. So which one is best?

I've come across this problem i little while back.
there's a redland wrapper for Ruby and there's Rena.
i'm gettiong my hands dirty on the latter.

regards
eem

James Britt

Edwin said:
I've come across this problem i little while back.
there's a redland wrapper for Ruby and there's Rena.
i'm gettiong my hands dirty on the latter.

Can you post a short commentary on Rena when you have some experience
with it?

Thanks,

James

Scott Rubin

Edwin said:
I've come across this problem i little while back.
there's a redland wrapper for Ruby and there's Rena.
i'm gettiong my hands dirty on the latter.

regards
eem

Yes, the redline wrapper looks like it might be my choice. But the ebuild in
gentoo is broken, so I might have to install it manually. Rena I will
investigate now. Thanks.

Edwin Eyan Moragas

Can you post a short commentary on Rena when you have some experience
with it?

Thanks,

James

James,

i'll be doing this in one go for all the libraries i'll be using on my project
(which has just been approved at rubyforge, thank Tom :)

regards,
eem

James Britt

Edwin said:
James,

i'll be doing this in one go for all the libraries i'll be using on my project
(which has just been approved at rubyforge, thank Tom :)

regards,
eem

Thanks. I've been meaning to look at some RDF libs, but haven't gotten
around to it.

Of course, if I stall long enough maybe someone will write my code for
me. :)

James

gabriele renzi

Edwin Eyan Moragas ha scritto:
James,

i'll be doing this in one go for all the libraries i'll be using on my project
(which has just been approved at rubyforge, thank Tom :)

in this case, can I suggest you put it on rubygarden ?
It would be nice (and Chad hinted this) if RG could become some sort of
rubyzine, filled with articles (no matter if simple or whatever)

Edwin Eyan Moragas

i wonder how we can formalize this. i mean, if we have standing guidelines
on how easy it would be to locate these articles, this would be swell indeed.

i said locate cause it's easy enough to create a page. what i find
hard is to search for specific topis in the wiki (are we talking about
the wiki?).
or is it just me?

just my thouhgts.

gabriele renzi

Edwin Eyan Moragas ha scritto:
i wonder how we can formalize this. i mean, if we have standing guidelines
on how easy it would be to locate these articles, this would be swell indeed.

i said locate cause it's easy enough to create a page. what i find
hard is to search for specific topis in the wiki (are we talking about
the wiki?).
or is it just me?

just my thouhgts.

wait: I did'nt mean to use the wiki :)
I was thinking specifically of the rubygarden main page, see the recent
article from david black

Edwin Eyan Moragas

wait: I did'nt mean to use the wiki :)
I was thinking specifically of the rubygarden main page, see the recent
article from david black

got it. ok. let's see what i can come up with later
(by later i mean as time permits)