Best way to mux addresses

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by salman sheikh, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. I have some memory RAMS that I have multiple address sources. I thought
    a mux with a control would be best for addressing the memory. Is this
    the best approach in terms of simplicity of code and synthesis?

    -- Here is my example address case statement based on control signal
    -- sel192
    process (sel192, eram_colsum, eram_minmax, eram_estcen, eram_exact,
    addr_colsum, addr_minmax, addr_estcent, addr_exact, addrofst0,
    addrofst1, addrofst2, addrofst3, addrofst4)
    begin
    case sel192 is

    when "000" =>
    addr_bnk0 <= eram_colsum & addr_colsum;
    addr_bnk1 <= eram_colsum & addr_colsum;

    when "001" =>
    addr_bnk0 <= eram_minmax & addr_minmax;
    addr_bnk1 <= (others => 'Z');

    when "010" =>
    addr_bnk0 <= eram_estcen & addr_estcent;
    addr_bnk1 <= (others => 'Z');

    when "100" =>
    addr_bnk0 <= eram_exact & addr_exact;
    addr_bnk1 <= (others => 'Z');