Best way to search GridView

Guest

I would like to show all the data in a table to users, they can then select
from a drop down list the column they would like to search. Then enter the
criteria they would like to search by. When they hit submit the GridView will
be reloaded but only with the records that match the search criteria.

For example I have a table that has a list of students, the fields in the
table are ID#, First Name, and Last Name. So, say they want to find a student
with the first name of Sam they would select ‘First Name’ from the drop down
and then enter Sam in the text field. When they hit submit the GridView will
be reloaded with only the records with the first name of Sam.

Any recommendations on how I can do this? Thanks in advanced…

Nathan Rover