Best way to use XML and HTML to maintain Data.

Bucco

I am trying to find a way so that all i have is an XML file,
(containing Data) a transform file, and an HTML file (for displaying
the info). I want to be able to do this in a platform independant way.
Maybe with Javascript? I want to be able to enter data into the HTML
sheet and have the Javascript update the data in the XML file with the
new data. Sorry if this seems like a basic question. I am still
learning both languages and have been intrigued by the TiddlyWiki
concept and am looking for new ways to extend the platform independant,
highly portable, server independant, wikistick concept. Any help in
this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

SA

Volkm@r

Bucco said:
I am trying to find a way so that all i have is an XML file,
(containing Data) a transform file, and an HTML file (for displaying
the info).

Did you consider using a pipeline concept like Cocoon[1] has?

<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="YourPattern">
<map:generate src="YourSourceFile.xml"/>
<map:transform src="YourTransdormFile.xsl"/>
<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Cocoon runs through that pipeline each time it recieves a request. For
working with Cocoon you don't need to understand Java (nor Javascript)
but you should know how to use XSLT[2].

This way, updating your XML source file using an HTML form in a browser
needs some more experience but works nicely.

Also, you might want to have a look at Jelly[3].

[1]<http://cocoon.apache.org/>
[2]<http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTutorial/>
[3]<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/pipeline.html>