Binary data to email

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Slim, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. Slim

    Slim Guest

    I have a problem converting binary to text

    I am reading a page using xmlhttp

    xmlhttp.open "GET", url, false ,"userName","password"
    xmlhttp.send ""
    tex3 = xmlhttp.responseBody

    now I have the binary data of the html page I am reading

    I can write this data to the asp page using

    Response.BinaryWrite tex3

    but I don't want to write it, I want to send it in a email but when I do I
    I need to convert it to ASCI
    I have tried

    tex3 = BinaryToText( tex3)

    but did not work

    any ideas?

    I am using responseBody because responsetext has a problem of converting "'"
    to "?"

    thanks

    Slim, Dec 10, 2005