Bind Repeater's DataRow to GridView's DataSource

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by wardemon, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. wardemon

    wardemon Guest

    Hi All,
    I was just wondering if the following is possible? To bind a
    GridView's datasource to the Repeater's current DataRow value.

    I tried creating a dataset, then load the datarowview inside it,
    however, this method would require a lot of things to do like, create a
    table, create columns for it, etc..

    I was wondering if there is more of a direct way to feed GridView's
    ..DataSouce to the Repeater's e.Item.ItemType's data.

    Thanks,
    Henry :)

    public void Main_OnItemDataBound(object sender,
    RepeaterItemEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType ==
    ListItemType.AlternatingItem)
    {

    ((GridView)e.Item.FindControl("gvwColumnDescriptions")).DataSource =
    ((DataRowView)e.Item.DataItem);

    ((GridView)e.Item.FindControl("gvwColumnDescriptions")).DataBind();

    wardemon, Nov 30, 2006