Blocking SOD in clients

Stop SOD

Well, lots of people have been discussing this. Sean
O'Dell is making people angry on the mailing list. So,
I decided to make a post. It would be best to block or
ignore any messages in your email clients that come
from <[email protected]>. All he does is rant, rant,
rant. He often does not know what he is talking about.
Answering with long emails which just a short few
sentences will do. No one wants to read most the of
theads anymore because they say, "Oh.. *that* thread"
because of SOD. Most people are starting to ignore
him, I recommend everyone else to do the same. It will
relieve most of the emails that come in, and it will
be less stressing to view the email list without
going, "Oh.. geez.. him again". So for future
reference, if you don't like things in the mailing
list, most likely its from SOD. Just block him and
everything will be alright. People have tried and not
answered the thread to let the *LONG* threads die, but
it just doesn't work. __--__/// Ruby Hacker \\\__--__

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Mikael Brockman

Stop SOD said:
[...]

Not to take sides, but I find it quite cowardly of you to post this
anonymously. Would you mind revealing your identity?

mikael

Michael Campbell

This is best handled at the client.

I'm sure for every person who doesn't want to read posts from "X",
there are 10 who do.

If you don't like someone, me included, put him in your filters,
kill-file, or whatever mechanism you want to filter them out.

gabriele renzi

il Sat, 26 Jun 2004 03:31:09 +0900, Stop SOD <[email protected]> ha
scritto::

Kindness and openness have always been a nice part of the ruby
community.
If you feel irritated from someone, ignore him, do not ask people to
stopping liste him.

Killfiles and mail filters do exist for this.

Lyle Johnson

Well, lots of people have been discussing this. Sean
O'Dell is making people angry on the mailing list. So,
I decided to make a post. It would be best to block or
ignore any messages in your email clients that come
from <[email protected]>.

Your post angers me infinitely more than anything that Sean has posted
over the last week or so. If you had had the guts to post under your
true identity, I'd be blocking *you* right now.

Please take this childish crap to the Perl or Python lists. If you
don't want to see Sean's posts, block them in your mail client, but
don't pretend to speak for the Ruby community as a whole.

Ara.T.Howard

Your post angers me infinitely more than anything that Sean has posted
over the last week or so. If you had had the guts to post under your
true identity, I'd be blocking *you* right now.

Please take this childish crap to the Perl or Python lists. If you
don't want to see Sean's posts, block them in your mail client, but
don't pretend to speak for the Ruby community as a whole.

i've been blocking everyone's posts except my own. since i've been doing so
none of the posts insults me in any way but my problems seem to take forever
to get solved.

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen

Sean O'Dell

i've been blocking everyone's posts except my own. since i've been doing
so none of the posts insults me in any way but my problems seem to take
forever to get solved.

I was wondering why my emails back to you have been bouncing!

Sean O'Dell

Hal Fulton

Stop said:
Well, lots of people have been discussing this. Sean
O'Dell is making people angry on the mailing list. So,
I decided to make a post. It would be best to block or
ignore any messages in your email clients that come
from <[email protected]>.

This post is inappropriate.

Hal Fulton

Phil Tomson

Well, lots of people have been discussing this. Sean
O'Dell is making people angry on the mailing list.

Where have these discussions taken place among 'lots of people'?
[...]

Sure Sean has raised a few controversies lately and he even had the
temerity to suggest that Guy was wrong, but that doesn't merit this
anonymous missive. Controversy can be a positive thing if it causes us
to question our assumptions... and one would suspect that there might
be a possibility that Guy might someday prove to be fallible ;-)

But this kind of post is just uncalled for. As has been suggested, use a
killfile if you want.

Phil

Jean-Hugues ROBERT

Hi,

OTOH

"Je ne suis pas d'accord avec ce que vous dites,
mais je me battrai jusqu'au bout
pour que vous puissiez le dire."

"I don't agree with what you say,
but I will fight to the end
so that you can say it."

Supposely from french speaking author Voltaire.

Let's work on a more gentle world.

Yours,

JeanHuguesRobert

Kristof Bastiaensen

Hi,

everybody should be able to post wathever stupid
messages they want. Who is going to decide what
is stupid and what is interesting? You?
As long as it is related to Ruby (not spam) everybody
should have the right to post.
If you think somebody doesn't behave according to groupiquette,
you could send him a friendly post, explaining clearly why
you think some posts may not be appropriate (not anonymously).

If you like personal wars, have a look at comp.lang.asm,
which makes for interesting reading.

Kristof