    Matis Guest

    Hi. I want to know what's book is actulay the best to learn C++. I
    would be very gratefull for every information. Thanks
    Matis, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Matis wrote:
    > Hi. I want to know what's book is actulay the best to learn C++. I
    > would be very gratefull for every information. Thanks

    Go to http://groups.google.com and search for the phrase you put in
    the subject. And _always_ begin there when thinking of asking another
    question.

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Matis

    lampard Guest

    Try out c++ complete reference book it is good for the beginners, you
    can try out The C++ programming language by stroustroup( for advanced
    programming ).
    lampard, Jul 22, 2005
  4. Matis

    turk Guest

    turk, Jul 22, 2005
  5. Matis

    Angad Guest

    I think it'll be a good idea to use Deitel and Deitel for the start -
    it's been of immense help to me... but no book matches up to
    Stroustrup's which is by far THE authority in learning C++...
    Angad, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Matis wrote:
    > Hi. I want to know what's book is actulay the best to learn C++. I
    > would be very gratefull for every information. Thanks

    Hard to say because we dont know anything about your background. I've
    been working with Java for 5-6 years and found this book to suite my
    needs perfectly.

    Professional C++
    http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764574841.html

    You can download chapter 1 and the Tables of content. That should give
    you an idea.
    Einar Forselv, Jul 22, 2005
  7. Matis

    Alex Beluga Guest

    Have a look at Deitels' book, and then, you'd progress to Stroustrop's
    art.
    But, again, what experience do you have? For me, I've started right
    from Stroustrop's book, having only little experience in clean C, and
    VB.
    Alex Beluga, Jul 22, 2005
  8. Matis

    gg Guest

  9. Matis

    red floyd Guest

    lampard wrote:
    > Try out c++ complete reference book it is good for the beginners, you
    > can try out The C++ programming language by stroustroup( for advanced
    > programming ).

    If you are referring to Schildt's "C++ The Complete Reference", stay
    FAR, FAR AWAY from it!

    For a beginner, Koenig & Moo's "Accelerated C++" is highly recommended.
    red floyd, Jul 22, 2005
  10. Matis

    Guest

    How about Sam Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days

    I think it pretty decently written.
    , Jul 22, 2005
  11. Keith H Duggar, Jul 22, 2005