Browser opening file twice

David C

I have the code below that I call from onclick attribute I am adding to a
LinkButton. It works perfect if I use Application.Word, etc. but when I use
Application.Excel it opens the file name twice, once in regular mode and
once in "read-only". Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
David

function openExcel()
{
var pause = 0;
var xlDialogFileOpen = 80;
var xlApp = new ActiveXObject("Excel.Application");
xlApp.Visible = 'True';
var wb = xlApp.Workbooks;
wb.Open('N:\\FileDocs\\File092180\\0001Contract\\Fileroom Company
List.xls');