Browser problem

ato_zee

Site looks fine local browser, ftp it to ISP's server,
click on URL, site broken, using the same local browser.
Both FFox and IE.
HTML and style sheet validate at W3C.
I'll dig deeper tomorrow, but any quick theories why
site behaves differently on a server?
Next step I suppose is to ftp download from
the server and see if it's still broken or looks
fine again on the local browser.
Then try installing a local Apache server to get
a handle on the problem and what's going on.
Anybody else met this?
I'm running XP pro SP2 so I suppose anything
can happen considering MS's cavalier attitude to
standards.

mbstevens

Site looks fine local browser, ftp it to ISP's server,
click on URL, site broken, using the same local browser.
Both FFox and IE.
HTML and style sheet validate at W3C.
I'll dig deeper tomorrow, but any quick theories why
site behaves differently on a server?
Next step I suppose is to ftp download from
the server and see if it's still broken or looks
fine again on the local browser.
Then try installing a local Apache server to get
a handle on the problem and what's going on.
Anybody else met this?
I'm running XP pro SP2 so I suppose anything
can happen considering MS's cavalier attitude to
standards.

Windows filenames are case insensitive. Your
server is likely to be on *nix, and case
sensitive. URLs in links, etc. must have
exactly the same capitalization as the
target's actual filename.

Jonathan N. Little

Site looks fine local browser, ftp it to ISP's server,
click on URL, site broken, using the same local browser.
Both FFox and IE.
HTML and style sheet validate at W3C.
I'll dig deeper tomorrow, but any quick theories why
site behaves differently on a server?
Next step I suppose is to ftp download from
the server and see if it's still broken or looks
fine again on the local browser.
Then try installing a local Apache server to get
a handle on the problem and what's going on.
Anybody else met this?
I'm running XP pro SP2 so I suppose anything
can happen considering MS's cavalier attitude to
standards.

Looking into my crystal ball since you have not suppled the actual page
with a URL, my guess is a case-sensitive problem or path problem...