Browser-Settings for ASP.NET?

Frank Schumacher

Hi NG,

I have a weired problem with the IE.

I have developed a web-application, which uses Session["xxx"] to track
sessiondata. I hadn't any problem with it until ...
.... I installed the program on another server (WXP, IIS5.1). The first
time, I call the website, everything wirks fine, if I click on a button
in my side (which causes the use of stored Session-Variables) I get a
NullReferebceExeption (probably caused by the use of a variable, which I
asume to be initialised via a Session["xxx"] value.

I added the server the tusted sites in ie and set security for trusted
sites to minimal, but it didn't work.

And the weird thing is: If I use Mozilla Firefox, everything works as it
should be.

It seems to me, that I don't get the viewstate back from IE.

Has anybody an idea how I can get the site working in the ie?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Scott Allen

Sounds like something might be blocking cookies in IE. Check the
"Privacy" tab in Tools -> Internet Options, but if it is a third part
application doing the blocking you might need to make a configuration
change in the other software.