IIS settings for ASP.Net 2.0

SenthilVel

hi all

I am in the process of converting my CLR 1.1 built web applications to run
in CLR2.0.

right now i am doing the manual step of setting the ASP.Net .
To configure a 1.x application's script map to use the .NET Framework
version 2.0
1.. On the Start menu, click Run.

2.. In the Open box, type inetmgr and click OK.

3.. In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand the local
computer, and then expand Web Sites.

4.. Select the target Web site that is running in the .NET Framework
version 1.x.

5.. Right-click the name of the virtual directory for the Web site, and
then click Properties.

The <WebSiteName> Properties dialog box appears.

6.. In the ASP.NET version selection list, choose the .NET Framework
version 2.0.

7.. Click OK.

Question:

1. What are the steps i must do in order that these settings are done during
the install itself ?

2. what modifications i can do to my install or my project properties so
that when i install the 2.0 web applications, i need to have this setting
pointed to CLR2.0.???

Thanks in advance

Senthil

Lau Lei Cheong

Emmm... don't IIS defaults to select .NET 2.0 runtime when new "web
application"(In terms of the "application pool") is created on the server?

Btw, it's also written on the help file:
To use Aspnet_regiis.exe to update a script map for an ASP.NET application
1) Open a Windows command window.
2) Navigate to the directory containing the version of the Aspnet_regiis.exe
tool that you want to use. Remember that each version of the .NET Framework
comes with its own version. The file is usually located in the following
directory:
%system root%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\versionNumber
3) Run the Aspnet_regiis.exe tool with the -s or -sn option and the path to
the application.
The following example shows a command that updates the script maps for an
application called SampleApp1.

aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/SampleApp1