Building a local application

Darius Blaszijk

Hello,

I have a rather unusual question. I would like to build a demo application
that is completely local. So no client-server at all (at least not in the
sense it is usually used). The purpose of the app. is that users can enter
data which is stored in a local database (MS Access or DBF or so). The data
entered is pure text. Later the data can be searched and queried and the
result will be shown in a table.
The entire GUI should be built in HTML (or equivalent) and because there is
no client-server mechanism, the pages will be static (I realise).
Although I'm not an expert in building intranet apps, I understand the
concept of the "standard" architecture. But building ASP / PHP or other
applications would go beyond my scope.
I just need to connect to MS Access (ODBC or direct) and be able to read and
write data. In later versions perhaps I will change to client server.
Is there a way to achieve my goal?? Is there some other project where I can
learn from?? Or is there a way to mimic a server??

Kind reagds, Darius Blaszijk

McKirahan

Darius Blaszijk said:
[...]

Not a problem. Look into HTA (HTML Application) technology -- it's just
HTML. Though JavaScript is supported, I prefer to develop my HTA's in
VBScript. You use ADO to connect to and maintain a database using a
DSN-less connection; if necessary, you use FSO (FileSystemObject) to access
folders and files.