Save mp3s to local storage

Joined
Feb 8, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
basically im making this site thats running LOCALLY on your computer
its a music player that you can drag mp3 files in and have them save to your device, and be able to play them with a cool UI. Its for school so thats why I want it, since all music sites are blocked.
but basically, I need to find a way to save audio files in LocalStorage unless there is another way to do it. If thats not possible is there any way to make it so that when you drag an MP3 into a specific folder it will show on the site (doubt it would work for security reasons though)

Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
366
Reaction score
41
AFAIK, saving audio files directly to LocalStorage is not a recommended approach for large files like MP3s due to storage limitations and performance issues. LocalStorage has a size limit (usually 5-10 MB per domain), and it's generally used for smaller amounts of data like settings or small pieces of information.

BTW if you can not use in you application backend to operate with MP3 files, consider using the File System Access API or IndexedDB to handle file storage locally.

Note: The File System Access API is a modern web API and may not be supported in all browsers. Check the compatibility before deploying your application. For security reasons, web applications do not have direct access to the local file system without user interaction, so allowing users to drag MP3 files into a specific folder and automatically detecting them in a web application might not be feasible. User interaction, such as selecting files through an input element, is required for security reasons.

BTW, check:
* HTA Application: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
* Electron - cross-platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS
*
Best alternative to Electron: [ 1 ] [ 2 ]

Last edited: