Playing MP3 files (or streaming it) in a new thread

gamenovice

Is there an efficient way to play or stream mp3 files? I tried working it out on some existing source code, and while some methods work completely fine when I ran them in test code [as in by itself], it would cause the project code I was working with to crash. My first thought was to find a way to stream the mp3 data in a new thread and play it there, but I'm not sure how to properly go about this.

P.S. I notice that I do not have to do this for .wav files, and .wav has a rather simplistic implementation in comparison to mp3 that lets me stream its data in the same thread. is there any reason java operates in this manner? if there is a way to do the same for mp3s in the same thread please let me know

Josip Almasi

Seems you're looking for Java Media Foundation with mp3 plugin.
Though I'm not sure what are you talking about:)

Regards...