Playing MP3 files (or streaming it) in a new thread

Discussion in 'Java' started by gamenovice@gmail.com, May 30, 2014.

1. Guest

Is there an efficient way to play or stream mp3 files? I tried working it out on some existing source code, and while some methods work completely fine when I ran them in test code [as in by itself], it would cause the project code I was working with to crash. My first thought was to find a way to stream the mp3 data in a new thread and play it there, but I'm not sure how to properly go about this.

P.S. I notice that I do not have to do this for .wav files, and .wav has a rather simplistic implementation in comparison to mp3 that lets me stream its data in the same thread. is there any reason java operates in this manner? if there is a way to do the same for mp3s in the same thread please let me know

, May 30, 2014
    1. Advertising

2. Josip Almasi Guest

Seems you're looking for Java Media Foundation with mp3 plugin.
    Though I'm not sure what are you talking about:)

Regards...

On 05/30/2014 10:38 AM, wrote:
    > Is there an efficient way to play or stream mp3 files? I tried working it out on some existing source code, and while some methods work completely fine when I ran them in test code [as in by itself], it would cause the project code I was working with to crash. My first thought was to find a way to stream the mp3 data in a new thread and play it there, but I'm not sure how to properly go about this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > P.S. I notice that I do not have to do this for .wav files, and .wav has a rather simplistic implementation in comparison to mp3 that lets me stream its data in the same thread. is there any reason java operates in this manner? if there is a way to do the same for mp3s in the same thread please let me know
    >

Josip Almasi, May 30, 2014
    1. Advertising