Building python with sqlite3

Justin Li

I'm building and installing Ptyhon 2.6.1 on Linux. After configure,
make, make install, to import sqlite3 leads to ImportError. It looks
like I have to build Python with sqlite. I have sqlite3 installed on
my system. How should I build Python with it? I did not find any
options relating with sqlite3 of configure and Makefile.

Thanks in Advance!
Justin

Justin Li

Thanks for your reply, Christian.

And yes, I have. I looked into this. I'm working on a 64bit machine.
And thesqlite3is 64bit as well. Should I install a 32bitsqlite3? I
think when I building python, the configure program should detect if
my system 32bit or 64bit one and look for propersqlite3version.

Is that the problem?

Thanks again,
Justin

I fixed it. I download sqlite3 from website and install it. As a
result, it works fine now.