button click not responding

Guest

Hi,

I have an application with a login page. the problem is that in IE 6
nothing happens when I click on the submit button. I get a postback in
Mozilla but not in IE.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, J.

Nicole Schenk

Jack said:
Hi,

I have an application with a login page. the problem is that in IE 6
nothing happens when I click on the submit button. I get a postback in
Mozilla but not in IE.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, J.
Not enough information. A guess is that you are getting the submit, but the
form is just repainted back. To confirm that this is happenning register a
javascript alert.

Guest

The client side validation of the userid and password textboxes works.
I found a post somewhere describing the same problem and it said that after
some service pack update the webuivalidation.js file needed to be updated. I
did that but it still doesn't work.

Paul Kilbourne

I am experiencing the same problem. The application runs fine on the
original server with .NET framework v1.1. On our new server which has v1.1
with service pack 1, the submit button fails to operate. What I have found
is the emitted javascript to handle the button click event is different for
SP1 then it is for v1.1.

The emitted code that works is as follows:

<script language="javascript">
<!-- var Page_ValidationActive = false; if (typeof(clientInformation) !=
"undefined" && clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") && (Page_ValidationVer
== "125"))
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
if (Page_ValidationActive) {
ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
// -->
</script>

The resulting code after SP1 is installed is like this:

<!-- var Page_ValidationActive = false; if (typeof(clientInformation) !=
"undefined" && clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") && (Page_ValidationVer
== "125"))
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
if (Page_ValidationActive) {
return ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
}
return true;
}
// -->
</script>

This code is completely generated by ASP.NET for the control, we have not
made any modifications.

Any ideas for a work around??

Thanks,
Paul Kilbourne