Buttons from different form in one line.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by showandbeshown@gmail.com, Dec 14, 2007.

    How one can solve the following problem with the HTML. I have 3
    buttons, the first 2 belong to the first form and the last button
    belongs to the second form. I would like to put the first button on
    the top (in the first line) and another two buttons, which belong to
    different form, I would like to put on the bottom (in the second
    line).

    I tried do solve this problem with the usage of tabel:

    However, the above construction cannot be validated because I use the
    following ordering of the tags:

    and the correcto ordering is:

    Could you pleas help me to solve the problem?
    , Dec 14, 2007

  2. Scripsit :

    > How one can solve the following problem with the HTML. I have 3
    > buttons, the first 2 belong to the first form and the last button
    > belongs to the second form.

    Just stop creating such problems, mm'kay? Such a setting is very
    confusing. The user wouldn't know what each button "does".

    As a rule of thumb, a page should contain at most one form. When
    different operations are needed, use form fields to select an option and
    write the form handler with corresponding branching in its code.

    > and the correcto ordering is:

    So why do you use wrong syntax if you know the right one?

    If you really think you want to create the problem, post the URL, and
    someone will probably help you to find the right approach to the
    original problem.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 14, 2007

  3. UKuser Guest

    On 14 Dec, 01:24, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How one can solve the following problem with the HTML. I have 3
    > buttons, the first 2 belong to the first form and the last button
    > belongs to the second form. I would like to put the first button on
    > the top (in the first line) and another two buttons, which belong to
    > different form, I would like to put on the bottom (in the second
    > line).
    >
    > I tried do solve this problem with the usage of tabel:
    >
    > However, the above construction cannot be validated because I use the
    > following ordering of the tags:
    >
    > and the correcto ordering is:
    >
    > Could you pleas help me to solve the problem?

    If you use multiple tables, I believe this will validate:

    <form>
    </form>
    <form>
    </form>

    You could use CSS and spans/paragraphs.

    Alternatively you may be able to use Javascript (so one form but the
    action/target differs based on which button is clicked). I have used
    this method and am currently using/working with a script but it needs
    refining - I found it through google.

    UKuser, Dec 14, 2007