C++ and Python

David Cramer

(duplicate of my post made on the comp.lang.python group)

If you had an application that you were about to begin development on
which you wanted to be cross platform (at least Mac and Windows),
would you suggest using c++ and Python?

I'm asking because we were originally thinking about doing c# but
after attending PyCon this year I'm reconsidering. We are already
using Python for the website and I figure a c++ backend w/ a Python
GUI may work really well, and would be pretty easy to port.

Any opinions?

Daniel T.

David Cramer said:
(duplicate of my post made on the comp.lang.python group)

If you had an application that you were about to begin development on
which you wanted to be cross platform (at least Mac and Windows),
would you suggest using c++ and Python?

I'm asking because we were originally thinking about doing c# but
after attending PyCon this year I'm reconsidering. We are already
using Python for the website and I figure a c++ backend w/ a Python
GUI may work really well, and would be pretty easy to port.

Any opinions?

I've heard of several companies that use python with C++ for performance
enhancements. AFAIK, C# doesn't work on Mac so that wouldn't be the way
to go anyway.

Zara

(duplicate of my post made on the comp.lang.python group)

If you had an application that you were about to begin development on
which you wanted to be cross platform (at least Mac and Windows),
would you suggest using c++ and Python?

I'm asking because we were originally thinking about doing c# but
after attending PyCon this year I'm reconsidering. We are already
using Python for the website and I figure a c++ backend w/ a Python
GUI may work really well, and would be pretty easy to port.

Any opinions?

Do it. Three f's: Fast, flexible and fportable ;-)

Zara

dave_mikesell

(duplicate of my post made on the comp.lang.python group)

If you had an application that you were about to begin development on
which you wanted to be cross platform (at least Mac and Windows),
would you suggest using c++ and Python?

What kind of application?