c,c++

Kenneth Brody

Richard said:
Richard Tobin said:

No, I'M prabu - and so's my wife.

We'll return to "What's My Line" following these messages from our
sponsors.

Kenneth Brody

hi how r u i m joining ur group

Chris said:
You are not the owner of this group;
There is no owner! It is not possible
[...]

Perhaps prabu's humor was too subtle for others in this group?

(Or perhaps my humor radar is too sensitive, and he really was
serious?)

osmium

Kenneth Brody said:
osmium said:
hi how r u i m joining ur group
[...]
You are on *Usenet*, not a chat room. Wikipedia also has lots of good
information on computers and programming. You will get precious few
useful
answers unless you use standard English in your posts.

<pedant>
Well, there are plenty of people here whose native language is not
English (or its American cousin), and we understand that. As long
as an attempt to use "proper English" is seen, I don't think many
people here have a problem working with you. (I'm sure their
English is much better than my use of their native tongue.)
</pedant>

You seem to think you can read minds. You certainly can't read *my* mind.
I will never again respond to posts from this user using that obnoxious
spelling.. I gave him one chance to correct his ways. The post you linked
to was it.

pete

Kenneth said:
hi how r u i m joining ur group

Chris said:
You are not the owner of this group;
There is no owner! It is not possible
[...]

Perhaps prabu's humor was too subtle for others in this group?

(Or perhaps my humor radar is too sensitive, and he really was
serious?)

I enjoyed reading prabu's post a few times.
It's really pretty good.

Kenneth Brody

osmium said:
"Kenneth Brody" writes:
[... referring to OP's "hi how r u i m joining ur group" ...]
You seem to think you can read minds. You certainly can't read *my* mind.
I will never again respond to posts from this user using that obnoxious
spelling.. I gave him one chance to correct his ways. The post you linked
to was it.

Perhaps you missed the paragraph that you didn't quote?

However, obvious lack of attempt, or worse -- silly abbreviations
like "how r u" -- are usually met with disdain.

Richard Heathfield

Chris Hills said:
Really? I thought it was Richard?

Well one of them at least...

Chris, you know perfectly well that you can't chuck a brick in here
without hitting at least half a dozen Richards (and, come to think of
it, three or four Chrises). Please be specific.

Chris Hills

Richard Heathfield said:
Chris Hills said:

Chris, you know perfectly well that you can't chuck a brick in here
without hitting at least half a dozen Richards (and, come to think of
it, three or four Chrises). Please be specific.

Sorry, I meant the other Richard..... :)

Chris Hills

[QUOTE="Shadowman said:
i am prabu.i am owner of this group.tell me your details
at([email protected])what r u doing? and give some other details

I think this needs to be an FAQ now. Any complaints can be sent
directly to the owner at his above email.[/QUOTE]

When we next have an OT argument we can copy all the
posts to The Owner for adjudication.. Or more probably abdication :)

Flash Gordon

Keith Thompson wrote, On 14/09/07 20:53:
Does this mean I have to change my name to Richard?

Not if you can find enough other Keiths or you want to own the group.

Keith Thompson

pete said:
No, The_Other_Keith does.

I *am* The_Other_Keith. Perhaps The_Other_Other_Keith needs to change
his name, but I haven't seen him in a few years.

Joachim Schmitz