    Thanks in advance for your help.

    URL of the ccl project:

    http://code.google.com/p/ccl
    jacob navia, Sep 22, 2012

  2. jacob navia wrote:
    > Hi
    > The date of discussion of this is approaching (Oct 22th).

    Nuh uh: Your presentation is approaching. There is no "discussion". Not in
    the forum you suggest to be relevant. I don't wan't you to die. But if you
    do, I won't care.

    > Please download the documentation, test the source code, see where
    > changes would be useful.

    No one will do that, you are living in illusion. You are daring "authority",
    by whatever thread , to "exalt you as <whatever>", ...... save you at the C
    committed of standards? Dude, you will never be Thomas Jefferson.

    YOU are doing a bad thing. You want someone to be bad. And of course you
    cannot be bad, cuz you're "gettin out of this world easy".

    No I don't feel responsible for you. But you want someone to do that, or pay
    for that.

    ***
    "It is not approaching". You don't have to do it. I have "a fear of public
    speaking". You do not have to "present" anything. I remember my HS
    "teacher", she was "wow", but was not, and I knew it, but wanted to "do the
    right thing.

    OK, ok.. an adolescent wants to know how I escaped from that?

    > Thanks in advance for your help.

    Stop trying to make people feel guilty.
    Adolph Hitler, Sep 23, 2012

  3. Hello? I know you. You are going to... what? You gave ultimatum, hmm? You
    want to hang YOUR personal problem on others. Don't you sass me, you
    lil bitch, I am not your vehicle. You are you. And you are alone.
    "they" lied to you? I have better things to do than babysit you. You
    are a loose canon. That I notice that, does not in any way make me bad.
    I am not bad. If you do bad, then you are bad.

    That wasn't a question.

    Jacob Naivete, Sep 24, 2012
  4. בת×ריך ×™×•× ×©×‘×ª,22 בספטמבר 2012 09:41:35 UTC+1, מ×ת jacob navia:
    > Hi
    >
    > The date of discussion of this is approaching (Oct 22th).
    >

    > Please download the documentation, test the source code, see where
    >
    > changes would be useful.

    Rewrite this line:
    Most of the list or hash tables modules can't be debugged completely and are the source of never ending problems.
    Don't imply that everyone else is incompetent.

    The portable specifications provide a common framework for library writers and compiler/system designers to build compatible yet strongly specialized implementations.

    You need to say something about low level machine efficiency here.

    The container library would replicate again that idea [iO], at a higher level.

    Containers aren't really higher level than IO.

    but if you read carefully

    Too informal

    To follow this sacred cow
    Same thing. Avoid things other people might perceive as insulting.

    A templated generic approach where at compile time a templated file is specialized for a concrete type by writing a parameter file where some macros are defined that are used by the templated file as arguments.

    This is going to be a major stumbling block with the system.

    Return 0 for OK, less than zero for error. Greater than zero for warnings, if
    you must.Or explain why you can't keep to this convention (eg the return value
    also represents the number of items in the container).

    Erase - it seems the pointer points to a temporary value, and we erase all
    elements that equal that value. But this isn't clear.

    I'll post off now. I'll try to have a look at the rest later.
    Malcolm McLean, Sep 24, 2012
  5. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 24/09/12 11:34, Malcolm McLean a écrit :
    > בת×ריך ×™×•× ×©×‘×ª, 22 בספטמבר 2012 09:41:35 UTC+1, מ×ת jacob navia:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> The date of discussion of this is approaching (Oct 22th).
    >>

    >> Please download the documentation, test the source code, see where
    >>
    >> changes would be useful.
    >>

    > Rewrite this line:
    > Most of the list or hash tables modules can't be debugged

    completely and are the source of never ending problems.
    > Don't imply that everyone else is incompetent.

    No, it is not a matter of competenece it is a matter of debugging
    situations that do not appear in the specific situation where this list
    modules are written and appear much later when a new usage pattern is
    added to the software.

    For instance in my assembler, the is a list to add a symbol relocation
    to the assembler, and in most cases it worked like a charm but one
    client complained. She was adding thousands of relocations so scanning
    the list was taking an awful ampunt of time. Adding a pointer to the
    end of the list solved the problem. But it meant debugging that list
    module you see?

    It is not that I was incompetent at the time of writing that but that I
    just didn't think that that list will be very big.

    Most of the list modules do not have a pointer to the end of the list
    so appending to it will be expensive.

    > The portable specifications provide a common framework for library writers

    and compiler/system designers to build compatible yet strongly
    specialized implementations.

    > You need to say something about low level machine efficiency here.

    OK

    > The container library would replicate again that idea [iO], at a higher level.
    >
    > Containers aren't really higher level than IO.

    Well Malcolm, I disagree :)

    > but if you read carefully
    >
    > Too informal

    OK

    > To follow this sacred cow
    > Same thing. Avoid things other people might perceive as insulting.

    OK. WIll erase that

    > A templated generic approach where at compile time a templated file

    is specialized for a concrete type by writing a parameter file where

    some macros are defined that are used by the templated file as arguments.

    > This is going to be a major stumbling block with the system.

    Can you specify why?

    > Return 0 for OK, less than zero for error. Greater than zero for warnings, if
    > you must.Or explain why you can't keep to this convention (eg the return value
    > also represents the number of items in the container).

    The problem is size_t

    If you return the number of items the return value must be a size_t,
    i.e. an unsigned value.

    Now, if I want to return an unsigned int, I do not have negative values
    as errors any more available!

    So I have to return an int so that I return negative values as errors.
    Now, if I return an int, in small systems where int is 16 bits, I can't
    return values of the number of elements bigger than 32767... and that
    could be a stumbling block in some implementations.

    It is a difficult problem Malcolm.

    > Erase - it seems the pointer points to a temporary value, and we erase all
    > elements that equal that value. But this isn't clear.

    OK WIll rewrite that doc

    > I'll post off now. I'll try to have a look at the rest later.

    Thank you very much for your comments. I was afraid that this "Adolph
    Hitler" troll would be the only answer to my post.

    jacob
    jacob navia, Sep 24, 2012
  6. בת×ריך ×™×•× ×©× ×™,24 בספטמבר 2012 14:51:55 UTC+1, מ×ת jacob navia:
    > Le 24/09/12 11:34, Malcolm McLean a écrit :
    >
    > > A templated generic approach where at compile time a templated file
    > > is specialized for a concrete type by writing a parameter file where
    > > some macros are defined that are used by the templated file as arguments.

    > > This is going to be a major stumbling block with the system.

    > Can you specify why?

    Because C is designed to be extended by providing a list of functions. People
    include the header, and make calls to the library. If you've got to mess
    about with parameter files, that's a new way of working. There are also issues
    with "other people play nice". For example the Qt library requires a special
    pre-processign step to make the slots and signals mechanism work. Qt is C++,
    but if it were C, would the containers parameter file interact in undesireable
    ways with the Qt pre-processing?
    I'm not saying the parameter file is fatal to the idea. But it's a tough sell.
    Malcolm McLean, Sep 24, 2012
  7. בת×ריך ×™×•× ×©× ×™,24 בספטמבר 2012 14:51:55 UTC+1, מ×ת jacob navia:
    > Le 24/09/12 11:34, Malcolm McLean a écrit :
    >
    > Thank you very much for your comments. I was afraid that this "Adolph
    > Hitler" troll would be the only answer to my post.

    The name is very idiotic.
    Malcolm McLean, Sep 24, 2012
  8. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 24/09/12 19:45, Malcolm McLean a écrit :
    > בת×ריך ×™×•× ×©× ×™, 24 בספטמבר 2012 14:51:55 UTC+1, מ×ת jacob navia:
    >> Le 24/09/12 11:34, Malcolm McLean a écrit :
    >>
    >> Thank you very much for your comments. I was afraid that this "Adolph
    >> Hitler" troll would be the only answer to my post.
    >>

    > The name is very idiotic.

    It is fascist, and this individual is a fascist!

    But it has become such a "common" sport to distribute insults to me
    that nobody cares here.
    jacob navia, Sep 24, 2012
  9. jacob navia

    Agnos Guest

    jacob navia wrote:
    > Hi
    > The date of discussion of this is approaching (Oct 22th).

    "this"? What is "this"? How is being lazy with request for help going to
    help you?

    > Please download the documentation, test the source code, see where
    > changes would be useful.

    $120/hr after $25000 retainer fee (just kidding, it actually would cost much
    more or maybe it's not even for sale, so I guess you're just gonna have to
    figure it out on your own).

    > Thanks in advance for your help.

    Hey, if you want/need charity, don't try to hide it in technological
    bullshit. Who are you appealing to? Aren't you insulting the participants
    here? There are at least a few "heavy hitters" here (OK, I just assume that,
    and don't know that), and they let you hit on the babies like that?

    > URL of the ccl project:
    >
    > http://code.google.com/p/ccl

    There is still time to withdraw from the presentation. It would not mean
    failure. Indeed, wouldn't it be great NOT to have to "present to the class"
    when you know you need more time to find the answer? The thing is, this
    isn't high school. It's the real world. What worries me is that you are
    positioning this CCL thing as "this is it, then I'm done". I see your foray
    into the area as a learning thing and you want to "get the gold medal" after
    learning the basics, or something. Like the undergraduate who discovers soon
    after graduation that she is not only not an expert after the 4 years of
    matriculation, but that she is just at level 0 now. "The rude awakening".
    It's not an age thing, I'm not calling you YOUNG. I UNDERSTAND your <> "to
    be compensated". No one knows what you want. That you ask others to "help"
    you, gets my dander up, because I am sensitized to that "I want something
    for nothing" crap. That "I want something for nothing" crap, ... well don't
    even get me started in this thread and you should be honing your
    presentation. Has anyone seen your presentation? (that means, a peer, not
    your wife!)?

    Oh wait, if he retracts now, some burden is potentially on me, because "you
    talked him into it"?

    JN: NEVERMIND!! Is this exactly what that "crafty little devil" JN had in
    mind? Did you?

    I remember when I worked at a bank and I had "subordinates" and I gave a
    similar "speech", and then, come Monday, I stood at the front of "the class"
    and put forth my thoughts on matters. After I was done, giving my spiel, and
    introducing "my subordinates", she gave her "spiel". I found myself "boss"
    (with a lower-case 'B'). Touche, she knew something I did not. Yep, she was
    competing with me. "All's fair in love and war", right? She had "paid her
    dues", in the bank for maybe 20 years, it was surely her "turn". She had
    detailed knowledge of banking, and had noticed that someone else who had
    that had "risen to greatness" within the company. I was a new hire, new
    little about banking (and many other things), but I was hired to <>... the
    bank was taken over by another bank after she successfully got me out of
    there (I was fired). I was hired to save someone's foray into software
    development. I had actually interviewed to be on the development team years
    earlier. It was revealing to see the outcome without me. It was crap. Just
    like your CCL is crap. Been there, done that. No one really wants
    consultants, they just want to be in business. Jacob, tell me, if I were to
    offer you a job as a programmer at my company, would you take it? It's a yes
    or no question. Why/why not?
    Agnos, Oct 7, 2012