C++ Function in VB

Pete

I've written a lil program in C++ that
i need to access in Visual Basic, anyone
know the easiest way to do this?

To show you my stress, right now I am
considering creating my C++ program
into a console program, and accepting
command line parameters, then from VB
calling this program with the two parameters
1: HWND of a textbox or something...
2: string of text for my C++ program...

My C++ program would then use that string
to do some processing, then pass my results
to the HWND of my VB app...

I know this is the hard way of doing things, but
its the only way I know I can do w/o help... and
with out any knowledge of creating a C++ dll
to use in VB .. im sure its my only option unless
someone here can show me a straight forward
way of doing this DLL stuff?

Please help :)

Thanks ..

Pete

Andrew Ward

Ask in one of the microsoft ATL newsgroups about how to create an ATL Server
Component.
Actually if you are using visual studio creating an ATL COM component that
can be used from VB is mostly pre-generated code created by the IDE, you
just fill in the contents of methods the wizards generate.