  1. Coder

    Coder Guest

    Are there any good IRC channels related to C programming ?
    Coder, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Coder

    Guest

    #c on any server
    , Aug 18, 2005

  3. Coder

    Simon Morgan Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:59:27 -0700, Coder wrote:

    > Are there any good IRC channels related to C programming ?

    ##C on irc.freenode.net

    --
    "Being a social outcast helps you stay | ''.encode('rot-13')
    concentrated on the really important |
    Simon Morgan, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Coder wrote:

    > Are there any good IRC channels related to C programming ?

    Last I checked, Undernet's #c channel had become a haven for those wishing
    to advertise dating services, Dalnet's #c was fine if you could actually
    connect (which you probably can't), Efnet's #c ops delighted in banning
    people for being politely correct, and Freenode's ##c appears to be devoted
    to rubbishing C and insulting anyone unwise enough to ask a C question.

    In short, the answer would appear to be "no". Freenode's ##c is probably the
    best of a bad bunch; if you are patient and can keep a civil tongue in your
    head despite ludicrous provocation, you can sometimes bump into someone
    both knowledgeable and polite. Look for nicks like prec, defrost, and twkm
    - and avoid Zhivago, pragma_, and other trolls.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Aug 19, 2005