C++ Memory Management Innovation: GC Allocator

Discussion in 'C++' started by xushiwei, Apr 22, 2008.

  1. xushiwei

    xushiwei Guest

    Most of the C++ programmers do not benefit from "Garbage Collection"
    technique (GC). They are sick of deleting objects but have to do this.
    There are some C/C++ memory GC implementations, but they are complex
    and are not widely used.

    I am going to introduce a new memory management technique named "GC
    Allocator". "GC Allocator" isn't an implementation, but a concept.
    Now, we have two "GC Allocator" implementations, named "AutoFreeAlloc"
    and "ScopeAlloc".

    This article consists of three parts:

    1. What is GC Allocator?
    2. GC Allocator implementations: ScopeAlloc and AutoFreeAlloc
    3. Applications based on GC Allocator

    For more information, see http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/gc-allocator.aspx

    xushiwei, Apr 22, 2008

  2. Sam wrote:

    > This is true. Garbage collection is a tool for the lazy, and is of no
    > benefit to professional programmers.

    This is true. Compilers and symbolic assemblers are tools for the lazy,
    and are of no benefit to professional programmers.

    > If you do not know how to keep track of your objects, you
    > should not be developing mission-critical software.

    If you do not know your opcodes by heart, you should not be developing
    mission-critical software.

    Matthias Buelow, Apr 22, 2008