C++ Memory Management Innovation: GC Allocator

xushiwei

Most of the C++ programmers do not benefit from "Garbage Collection"
technique (GC). They are sick of deleting objects but have to do this.
There are some C/C++ memory GC implementations, but they are complex
and are not widely used.

I am going to introduce a new memory management technique named "GC
Allocator". "GC Allocator" isn't an implementation, but a concept.
Now, we have two "GC Allocator" implementations, named "AutoFreeAlloc"
and "ScopeAlloc".

This article consists of three parts:

1. What is GC Allocator?
2. GC Allocator implementations: ScopeAlloc and AutoFreeAlloc
3. Applications based on GC Allocator

For more information, see http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/gc-allocator.aspx

Matthias Buelow

Sam said:
This is true. Garbage collection is a tool for the lazy, and is of no
benefit to professional programmers.

This is true. Compilers and symbolic assemblers are tools for the lazy,
and are of no benefit to professional programmers.
If you do not know how to keep track of your objects, you
should not be developing mission-critical software.

If you do not know your opcodes by heart, you should not be developing
mission-critical software.