C or C++ as a second language?

Tony Polson

Hi. Should I jump right into C++, or is it better to learn C first?
I'm not a total beginner; I know Javascript, but I obviously would like
to learn a more powerful language.

Thanks,

TP

infobahn

Tony said:
Hi. Should I jump right into C++, or is it better to learn C first?
I'm not a total beginner; I know Javascript, but I obviously would like
to learn a more powerful language.

Note to newbies (and the unobservant!):

Please note that the above is just flame bait. The followups in the
original message demonstrate this. No point replying to his nonsense.

Victor Bazarov

Tony Polson said:
Hi. Should I jump right into C++, or is it better to learn C first?

Jump right into C++. Only learn C if you want to learn C.
I'm not a total beginner; I know Javascript, but I obviously would like
to learn a more powerful language.

Obviously. Why you set your follow-ups to photography newsgroups is
still a mystery though. Trolling?

Mike Wahler

Tony Polson said:
Hi. Should I jump right into C++, or is it better to learn C first?
I'm not a total beginner; I know Javascript, but I obviously would like
to learn a more powerful language.

Hmm, this smells like a troll.

Note the followups set by the OP:
rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

-Mike

Noah Roberts

infobahn said:
Please note that the above is just flame bait. The followups in the
original message demonstrate this. No point replying to his nonsense.

What origininal message?

Victor Bazarov

infobahn said:
Oh, okay, you obviously have better filters than me. Sorry for the
noise.

It has nothing to do with filters. You changed the Subject header of
the message, and some newsreaders, like Outlook Express, do not put it
in the same thread. They make it seem that you started another thread.
Just FYI...

Noah Roberts

Victor said:
It has nothing to do with filters. You changed the Subject header of
the message, and some newsreaders, like Outlook Express, do not put it
in the same thread. They make it seem that you started another thread.
Just FYI...

Hmm...nope. Original post not here. Maybe it hasn't arrived yet. Or
maybe Tony is a well known troll and has gotten himself deleted from
newsservers.

CBFalconer

Victor said:
It has nothing to do with filters. You changed the Subject header of
the message, and some newsreaders, like Outlook Express, do not put it
in the same thread. They make it seem that you started another thread.
Just FYI...

I didn't realize OE was that bad. So it is too stupid to follow
the references chain?

Jens Marder

CBFalconer said:
I didn't realize OE was that bad. So it is too stupid to follow
the references chain?

No, works just fine.

Victor Bazarov

CBFalconer said:
[...]
I didn't realize OE was that bad. So it is too stupid to follow
the references chain?

I don't think "stupid" is applicable to programs. Software cannot
be smart or stupid, it only does what it's designed and programmed
to do, and always _precisely_ that.

Kenny McCormack

I didn't realize OE was that bad. So it is too stupid to follow
the references chain?

The problem is that between people accessing Usenet via "Google" and via
various MS products, very few people actually use newsreaders anymore.

Randy Howard

Gur ceboyrz vf gung orgjrra crbcyr npprffvat Hfrarg ivn "Tbbtyr" naq ivn
inevbhf ZF cebqhpgf, irel srj crbcyr npghnyyl hfr arjfernqref nalzber.

Znlor vs gubfr bs hf gung qb hfr arjfernqref nyy vafvfgrq ba *bayl* cbfgvat
va EBG13, vg jbhyq eha nyy gur bguref bss nsgre n juvyr, nf gurl tbg gverq bs
frrvat nyy gur "yvar abvfr", gura jr pbhyq or onpx gb Hfrarg bs 10 lrnef ntb.

Kenny McCormack

Znlor vs gubfr bs hf gung qb hfr arjfernqref nyy vafvfgrq ba *bayl* cbfgvat
va EBG13, vg jbhyq eha nyy gur bguref bss nsgre n juvyr, nf gurl tbg gverq bs
frrvat nyy gur "yvar abvfr", gura jr pbhyq or onpx gb Hfrarg bs 10 lrnef ntb.

Jbexf sbe zr!

gb

Randy Howard said:
Maybe if those of us that do use newsreaders all insisted on *only*
posting in ROT13, it would run all the others off after a while, as
they got tired of seeing all the "line noise", then we could be
back to Usenet of 10 years ago.

OE has ROT13 decoding, and also correctly handles threading of posts with
renamed subjects.

Ironically, Mozilla Thunderbird, my normal reader, doesn't.

Gregg

Chris Croughton

Znlor vs gubfr bs hf gung qb hfr arjfernqref nyy vafvfgrq ba *bayl* cbfgvat
va EBG13, vg jbhyq eha nyy gur bguref bss nsgre n juvyr, nf gurl tbg gverq bs
frrvat nyy gur "yvar abvfr", gura jr pbhyq or onpx gb Hfrarg bs 10 lrnef ntb.

Be jr pbhyq nyy hfr obsuarg naq tb onpx gb bayl hfvat freiref eha ol
crbcyr jr gehfg jub bayl npprcg hfref gurl gehfg...

Puevf P

Matthias

gb said:
OE has ROT13 decoding, and also correctly handles threading of posts with
renamed subjects.

Ironically, Mozilla Thunderbird, my normal reader, doesn't.

Gregg

I use Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Debian version) and it correctly
associated his message to the right topic.

CBFalconer

gb said:
.... snip ...

OE has ROT13 decoding, and also correctly handles threading of
posts with renamed subjects.

Ironically, Mozilla Thunderbird, my normal reader, doesn't.

Netscape 4.75 does. Very awkward to generate it though.

Randy Howard

BR unf EBG13 qrpbqvat, naq nyfb pbeerpgyl unaqyrf guernqvat bs cbfgf jvgu
eranzrq fhowrpgf.

Ubj znal VR hfref jbhyq rira xabj jung jung EBG13 vf jura gurl frr
vg?
Vebavpnyyl, Zbmvyyn Guhaqreoveq, zl abezny ernqre, qbrfa'g.

Guhaqreoveq vf n terng rznvy ercynprzrag sbe Bhgybbx be BR. Vg vfa'g
fhpu n terng arjfernqre.