    portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.

    Thanks in advance.

    , Jan 26, 2006

  2. Shark Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?
    > I'm looking for something like MFC, a Microsoft library that wraps
    > portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    boost has a threads library that uses posix.

    Shark, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?

    Well considering how vast POSIX is and that there are several standards,
    no.

    Have a look ate ACE, I haven't used it in a while, but might give you
    what you require.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jan 26, 2006
  4. On 25 Jan 2006 19:49:20 -0800, ""

    http://www.basepath.com/aup/ex/group__Ux.html

    Roland Pibinger, Jan 26, 2006

    MFC is mostly a class wrapper for all of the Windows C API. But mainly
    used to create
    GUI application.

    If you search for GUI also, lets try www.wxwidgets.org. They have a
    multiplatform C++ API.

    Regards, Lothar

    , Jan 26, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?
    > I'm looking for something like MFC, a Microsoft library that wraps
    > portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.

    Austria C++ has a wrapper for both Win32 and pthreads (one interface).

    http://austria.sourceforge.net/

    Gianni Mariani, Jan 26, 2006
  7. mrenaud92

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I know it's been a while since you originally posted this, but what specific parts of the POSIX API are you going to be using? Recently I've been working on a small C++ wrapper, the source code is at https://github.com/mrenaud92/posix-lib if you're still interested. I'm actively developing it as I'm using it for several other projects.

    HTH

    -- Matt

    mrenaud92, Jul 25, 2012