C++ POSIX implementation?

darkspleen

Hello:

Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?
I'm looking for something like MFC, a Microsoft library that wraps
portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.

Thanks in advance.

Shark

Hello:

Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?
I'm looking for something like MFC, a Microsoft library that wraps
portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, except for Unix.

Thanks in advance.

boost has a threads library that uses posix.

Ian Collins

Hello:

Does anyone know of if a C++ wrapper to the POSIX API exists?

Well considering how vast POSIX is and that there are several standards,
no.

Have a look ate ACE, I haven't used it in a while, but might give you
what you require.

lothar.behrens

MFC is mostly a class wrapper for all of the Windows C API. But mainly
used to create
GUI application.

If you search for GUI also, lets try www.wxwidgets.org. They have a
multiplatform C++ API.

Regards, Lothar

Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I know it's been a while since you originally posted this, but what specific parts of the POSIX API are you going to be using? Recently I've been working on a small C++ wrapper, the source code is at https://github.com/mrenaud92/posix-lib if you're still interested. I'm actively developing it as I'm using it for several other projects.

HTH

-- Matt