C Programs

georgerxz

C is mother of all modern computer programming languages. Many
languages are directly or indirectly originated from C. The languages
such as C++, java, C# are descendants of C. The language was developed
by Dennise Ritchie at AT & T bell Laboratories. If you learn this
learn this language it would become easier to learn other programming
languages.

For learning C language download source codes from

http://zsoftwares.googlepages.com/CPrograms.html

There are many basic to advanced C source codes given on this website,
and the best thingabout this website is that you can see the whole
source code before downloading it. The codes given on above website
helps you learn all features of C language as given below.

- Data types in C, Variable declaration etc
- Operators and C statements.
- Arrays , structs, loops, cotrol statements, flow control,
Preprocessor directives, Data structures, Pointers.
- File creation and File operations as create, delete, update,
rename files on disk.
- C codes to access and control hardware such as disk access, mouse
programming.

You can also download tutorials and Application programs from this
website

- Sorting methods Algorithams impemented in C such as bubble sort,
selection sort, insertion sort, shell sort ,heap sort, quick sort,
merger sort etc.
- Matrix operation such addition multiplication etc
- File operations. (create , update ,Delete, rename, append etc)
- String manipulations.
- Bitwise operations
- decimal to hex , decimal to binary conversion source codes. many
advanced codes.

http://zsoftwares.googlepages.com/CPrograms.html

Richard Bos

C is mother of all modern computer programming languages. Many
languages are directly or indirectly originated from C. The languages
such as C++, java, C# are descendants of C. The language was developed
by Dennise Ritchie at AT & T bell Laboratories.

Mr. Ritchie is a girl, now?
For learning C language download source codes from

http://zsoftwares.googlepages.com/CPrograms.html

Or by preference do not, for it is rank of incompetence. All of it
includes conio and voids main(). It is a festering heap of misguidance.

Richard

Chris Hills

C is mother of all modern computer programming languages.

It most certainly is NOT.

If you start a post with the statement above I wonder if it is even
worth reading further.

Many
languages are directly or indirectly originated from C.

Just as C came from and was influenced by many others.
The languages
such as C++, java, C# are descendants of C.

Java? Are you sure?
The language was developed
by Dennise Ritchie at AT & T bell Laboratories. If you learn this
learn this language it would become easier to learn other programming
languages.

The same can be said of many other languages.
For learning C language download source codes from
http://zsoftwares.googlepages.com/CPrograms.html

If this is your work then given the above highly inaccurate comments
from you I would not touch it at all.

Richard

C is mother of all modern computer programming languages. Many

Total and utter rubbish.

*rest of nonsense snipped*

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html

,----
| ABSTRACT
|
| The C programming language was devised in the early 1970s as a system
| implementation language for the nascent Unix operating system. Derived
| from the typeless language BCPL, it evolved a type structure; created on
| a tiny machine as a tool to improve a meager programming environment, it
| has become one of the dominant languages of today. This paper studies
| its evolution.
`----

Chad

It most certainly is NOT.

<OT>
Wouldn't Lisp be the mother of all programming languages and C be the
mother of sometimes misguided computer programmers?
</OT>

Chad

Boudewijn Dijkstra

Op Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:46:29 +0200 schreef Chris Hills
Java? Are you sure?

Why not? The syntax structure (keyword(arg,u,ments[index]){body}) is
exactly the same, the vocabulary is slightly different.

Chris Hills

Boudewijn Dijkstra said:
Op Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:46:29 +0200 schreef Chris Hills
Java? Are you sure?

Why not? The syntax structure (keyword(arg,u,ments[index]){body}) is
exactly the same, the vocabulary is slightly different.

I though Java came from Oak?

Default User

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

[erroneous blither followed by spam]

Easy one:

*plonk*

Brian

Al Balmer

Boudewijn Dijkstra said:
Op Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:46:29 +0200 schreef Chris Hills
(e-mail address removed) writes
The languages
such as C++, java, C# are descendants of C.

Java? Are you sure?

Why not? The syntax structure (keyword(arg,u,ments[index]){body}) is
exactly the same, the vocabulary is slightly different.

I though Java came from Oak?

Java is Oak. The original name was changed because of a conflict with
the name of another programming language. My understanding is that
Bill Joy wanted a successor to C with features of MESA.

Keith Thompson

Richard said:
Total and utter rubbish.

*rest of nonsense snipped*

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html

,----
| ABSTRACT
|
| The C programming language was devised in the early 1970s as a system
| implementation language for the nascent Unix operating system. Derived
| from the typeless language BCPL, it evolved a type structure; created on
| a tiny machine as a tool to improve a meager programming environment, it
| has become one of the dominant languages of today. This paper studies
| its evolution.
`----

I'm not going to defend the original poster, who has indeed posted a
great deal of nonsense both here and on his web site, but how exactly
does that quote from chist.html refute the OP's statement that "C is
mother of all modern computer programming languages"?

I don't agree with the statement, but it's true that *many* modern
programming languages have been heavily influenced by C, including C++
(of course), Java, Perl, C#, and so on. Note that the OP's claim is
that C is the mother of all modern computer programming languages,
*not* necessarily the ultimate ancestor; the fact that C was derived
from older languages doesn't affect the truth or falsehood of that
claim.

CBFalconer

Keith said:
For learning C language download source codes from

http://zsoftwares.googlepages.com/CPrograms.html
[...]

The first few lines of the first program listed:
================================
#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<stdlib.h>

void main()

*sigh*

That program, as received here, contained two error-free lines and
seven erroneous lines. This was after ignoring '}' lines that did
not create additional errors.

Christopher Benson-Manica

[comp.lang.c] Al Balmer said:
Java is Oak. The original name was changed because of a conflict with
the name of another programming language.

A shame; instead of beans we'd have leaves, and tools such as Spring
and Hibernate would make a little more sense.

Keith Thompson wrote:

I don't agree with the statement, but it's true that many modern
programming languages have been heavily influenced by C, including C++
(of course), Java, Perl, C#, and so on.

So? There are still ones that haven't been. Delphi and Ada for example.

Brian

Keith Thompson

Default User said:
Keith Thompson wrote:

So? There are still ones that haven't been. Delphi and Ada for example.

That's true. And I repeat: So?

I was not attempting to defend georgerxz's statement; I specifically
said that I disagree with it. My point was merely that Richard's
attempt to refute it did not actually do so.

It probably wasn't a point worth making, though, and I now regret
jumping into this. Unless there's a substantive and topical point to
be made, I suggest we drop this.

Keith Thompson wrote:

It probably wasn't a point worth making, though, and I now regret
jumping into this. Unless there's a substantive and topical point to
be made, I suggest we drop this.

Excellent idea. I'm not even sure why I read any more of the thread
after I killfiled the originator.

Brian