C++-sig problems ?

Jacek Generowicz

Has anyone else experienced problems in submitting articles to the
C++-sig?

I've tried both via Gmane, and directly via mail, without success.

Eventually I got the following back:

.... while talking to mail.python.org.:<<< 421 mail.python.org: Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again later
<[email protected]>... Deferred: Connection reset by mail.python.org.
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 3 days old

Wolfgang

Hello,

Jacek said:
Has anyone else experienced problems in submitting articles to the
C++-sig?
Yes, I subscribed to C++ sig today, but until now received no
confirmation message.
I've tried both via Gmane, and directly via mail, without success.
I read it on Gmame but since 19.08 there are no new messages.
I think the main mailing list server is down or something
is broken. (not with gmame, other mailinglist run without problems)

I hope the problem will be solved next time.

I have a problem and want to mail it to the c++ sig. <g>

bye by Wolfgang

Jacek Generowicz

Wolfgang said:
Yes, I subscribed to C++ sig today, but until now received no
confirmation message.

I read it on Gmame but since 19.08 there are no new messages.
I think the main mailing list server is down or something
is broken. (not with gmame, other mailinglist run without problems)

A couple of people have privately replied to me that the likely cause
of this is something called "sobig.f", which seems to be heavily
disrupting things all over the place.

I assume that this is one of the spate of "clients" of Microsoft Virus
Gateway, which have become active recently. Being completely detached
from the MS world, I have remained, mostly, blissfully unaware of
these things.