    Microsoft have certifications but they are .NET based and not really
    interested in that.

    Angus
    Angus, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Angus wrote:
    > I have about 3 years C++ experience (mostly on Windows platform). I
    > am looking for a permanent programming role and because all my C++
    > experience is self taught have no idea how good (or otherwise) I am.
    > Is anyone aware of any standard tests or certifications I could
    > follow?
    >
    > Microsoft have certifications but they are .NET based and not really
    > interested in that.

    AFAIK, there is no "industry standard" test for C++ proficiency, and
    the main reason is the C++'s support for many differet programming
    paradigms. You don't have to know templates, for example, if you never
    use them in your code. You can always learn them later.

    If you're concerned with getting in an interview easier, and think that
    some kind of "certification" can help, try contacting a local community
    college or other school that would allow you to earn a degree in "C++
    Programming" perhaps by taking their exam. If they recommend taking
    their class, you might still considering it; there is a chance you can
    learn something...

    If you just want to see where you stand, www.brainbench.com (IIRC) had
    something C++ related some time ago.

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 29, 2007