C++ toolkit 2003: debugging programs

ahnkle

Hi,

I just downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. Installed fine,
compiles...

I tried compiling a progrma, but when I try to debug it, visual studio
v6 cant find any symbols.

==========source hello.cpp==========
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int
main(int argc, char** argv)
{
cout << "Hello, world" << endl;
}
==========source ends===============

cl -EHsc -Zi hello.cpp /link /debug

It creates a hello.exe and hello.pdb.

any ideas?

ahnkle

Victor Bazarov

ahnkle said:
I just downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. Installed fine,
compiles...

I tried compiling a progrma, but when I try to debug it, visual studio
v6 cant find any symbols.
[...]
any ideas?

Sure. Post to a newsgroup where this is on topic. Try one of
microsoft.public.vc.* family.

Victor